Job Offer Deroose Plants - Florida (Apopka)
2018 – Sales representative - Ornamental & Foliage or Blooming Plants at Deroose Plants, Inc.
Apopka, FL 32712
Deroose Plants - Florida (Apopka)
Posted 1 week ago
About the Job
Deroose Plants Inc. is a supplier of young plants across the world. We have divisions in Europe (Belgium), China (Shanghai) and the USA (Apopka, FL).
Our company was founded in the early 1980s, and has since earned numerous awards for its unique and exclusive collections, as well as for its innovation.
We supply young plants and ornamental plants. Our product line includes bromeliads, spathiphillum, and other ornamental plants such as nepenthes, ficus, alocasia, codiaeum, chlorophytum and others.
We are seeking a motivated individual for sales and customer relations. The goal of this person is to expand our market of young plants and/or finished plants. This person will promote and sell these products through direct customer contacts, schedule sales calls and submit reports of sales activities. He/She will also be expected to identify prospective customers and compile information on competitive products. This role is characterized by a sustained record of sales achievement and complete knowledge of the products and services.
Essential Job Functions:
- Evaluate the needs of our customers
- Assist customers in determining their needs for crop selections.
- Create new opportunities for our customers by providing new product to expand their product line and sell additional product
Maintain a high quality of customer service and regular customer visits
- Inspect crops to maintain the quality of product shipped
- Represent Our Company at Industry Trade Shows and present a post-show report on all potential customers.
- Assist in setting price points for new and existing plants based on current market demands
- Help to forecast the needs of existing inventory (whether to increase or decrease production based on market conditions and past sales)
- Maintain monthly bookings
- Review all in-house orders and communicate with the customers at the point of shortages or when the product will be shippedas scheduled.
- Gather all pre-booked orders in the summer before the following year, and maintain the information in the Peachtree accounting software.
- New Product Selection
- Review and choose numbered selections of spathiphyllum, and other test varieties along with the Production Mgr
- Set up trial growers to sample new product
- Follow up on contracts with trial growers and protected products
- Identify new product from existing and new customers to send to our lab for reproduction.
Academic & Work Background
College degree preferred
Sales experience preferred
Knowledge of foliage plants & the horticultural industry preferred but not required as the company is willing to train the right candidate.
Excellent sales & customer service skills
Planning and forecasting skills
Good written and oral communication skills
Strong administrative and organizational skills